You can’t burn water! The energy in your fire will be used to try to keep the wood burning instead of being converted into heat. Also if you have a stove it will create heavy deposits that will coat your stove door glass and chimney liner shortening its life expectancy.
Dry wood is more cost effective. A moisture meter will tell you what percentage of water your wood has, ensure the wood you burn is around 20% moisture content.
- Measures moisture range from: 3.0% to 40.0%.
- Resolution: 0.1%.
- Accuracy: ± 1%.
- Large, easy-to-read display including speedometer style scale.
- Supplied in Nylon pouch.
- Low battery indication.
- Data-hold function.
- ON/OFF push-button power switch.
- Auto power-off after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Supplied with battery (9v 6LR61 or equivalent).
- Dimensions: 65.5 x 125 x 30mm (inc. pins).