STOVE / INSTALLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2018
- When placing an order for appliance installations, a deposit payment of 50% of the total price is required. The outstanding balance is payable upon completion of works. A Hetas Certificate of Conformity for solid fuel appliance installations will be issued thereafter.
- Payment for supply only orders is required in full upon order. We accept payments by bank transfer or suitable debit or credit card, an administration fee may be charged.
- Our bank details for online transfer payments are: NatWest Bank 21678936 Sort Code 60-05-24 Reference - your surname and invoice number or postcode.
- Interest of 5% over NatWest Bank lending rate at time of installation shall be due on any outstanding balance.
- Where quotations are on the basis of supply only of materials or appliances, delivery is not included. A delivery service is available at an extra charge.
- Deposits on items ordered are not refundable.
- Quotations are valid for one calendar month from the date of the quotation and are subject to change due to manufacturer price increases.
- Until the purchaser has paid in full for the goods invoiced, the title therein shall' remain the property of The Stove House Ltd.
- The Guarantee extends to goods supplied only and not to consequential loss.
- If it is found necessary to open up chimney flues to facilitate the insertion of a flue liner an extra charge of £50.00 per hour plus plant will be invoiced.
- All other works necessary and agreed with the customer in addition to those described in the quotation to facilitate completion of the installation will be charged at an extra £50.00 per hour plus plant.
- Stainless steel flue liners designated for the use of burning solid fuels are typically guaranteed for 10yrs for 316 grade and 20yrs for 904 grade stainless steel, subject to correct use of the appliance using only fuels approved by the appliance and flue manufacturer and regular flue sweeping by a NACS registered or professional Chimney Sweep. Evidence of maintenance will be required if a claim is made on the manufacturer guarantee.
- If our surveyor or installers are recalled to site to investigate an issue with either the appliance or its installation and it is found that the appliance has been operated incorrectly by the customer or a non-approved fuel has been used in the appliance, a charge will be made for the survey and any labour and/or materials that may have to be purchased or used for remedial works.
- Clearing blocked flues e.g. birds nests etc, will incur additional cost. It is therefore essential that the chimney is thoroughly swept by a registered chimney sweep prior to the install
- During the installation process, we require electricity and water to be made available free of charge.
- The Stove House Ltd. personnel are not able to give advice on whether any listed building or planning consents are necessary prior to installation of an appliance. It shall be entirely the responsibility of the customer to identify the need for any necessary planning permission, listed building consents or other local consents or approvals. The Stove House Ltd. will not commence any works until all necessary consents have been obtained for works quoted for.
- To enable work to commence efficiently, all carpets, soft furnishings, and breakable items must be adequately protected or removed before our installers arrive. Our installers will endeavor to provide protection of floor coverings and surfaces from the point of entry to the property to the fireplace setting or other work areas.
- If in the unlikely event our installers report technical difficulties which prevent them from carrying out the works quoted for or that have been anticipated, The Stove House Ltd. reserves the right to cancel the agreement by sending written notice to the effect and any deposit will be returned except in the case of where specific information relevant to the works has been withheld by the customer we shall be entitled to deduct reasonable survey, labour and analysis
costs. In the event that the contract is cancelled in accordance with this clause then written reason will be provided to you but cancellation will be without further liability attaching to either party.
- If The Stove House does not obtain your consent, they will not be able to provide you with their professional services and information. If you have given consent for us to save your data and contact you for the reasons given to you at the time, for example: prices, product information, servicing, spares, we confirm that:
- We keep your data safe and secure
- We don’t sell your data
- You can manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
- The Local Building Authority must be informed of all installations of new or the re-installation of existing solid fuel appliances or flues to which customers’ information will be passed through HETAS certification of the installation.
The Stove House Ltd. Terms & Conditions Doc. 01/01/2018