Kamado Joe Cooking Surfaces
For prices and availability please contact us or for the best Kamado Joe grill prices see here.
- Soapstone is a thick bacteria and stain resistant slab which provides an even cook with fewer flare-ups all while allowing the meats to cook in their own juices.
- It takes longer to heat up than Cast Iron but has more thermal mass so it stores more energy and will stay hotter for longer.
- Not porous and therefore will not trap the flavours of the food its cooking
- Will not rust or decompose.
- Soapstone is a soft stone and therefore special care should be considered when using cooking tools to prevent scratching the surface.
- Heats up faster but holds less energy.
- More resilient than soapstone
- Porous, so will hold flavours of your last cook.
- Griddles can leave a nice pattern on the food surface